The Purple Flower
Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
Resource & Support Center
Located at 109 W. Church Avenue
Tuesday - Thursday 10:00-3:00
The Purple Flower is a unique, grassroots, rural model that provides domestic violence and sexual assault services on a budget that is sustainable to our area. We operate using the empowerment model, recognizing that the survivor is the best person to make decisions in their life. We offer a non-judgmental, non-discriminating safe environment where we welcome survivors as they are.
If you've ever wondered what it is that we do exactly, please read over this list of services.
• Crisis Line: (479) 981-1676 (7 days a week)
• The Purple Flower Domestic Violence Center provides one-on-one advocacy services Tuesday and Thursday from 10 to 3.
• Services in the center include, but aren’t limited to, Crisis Advocacy & Support, Assistance with completing paperwork for Orders of Protection and Victim Compensation claims, Domestic Violence education for survivors, employers, family and friends, connecting survivors with community resources, legal aid, on-going survivor individual support and connecting survivors to transportation, shelters and the court advocacy program.
• Court Advocacy Program-helping survivors prepare for court, support survivors at Order of Protection hearings and other court hearings.
• Transportation program -provides emergency transport to Safe Shelters either directly or through use of the bus when criteria is met.
• Training, membership to local and state-wide coalitions, community domestic violence awareness and prevention education.
• An active and ongoing commitment to making Carroll County a safer and more aware community.